Happy Friday!! I hope you’re all having a good day! Since there is a little over one week till Halloween, I think today is good as any to show you some really fun, easy and chic DIY Halloween and fall decoration ideas! Enjoy!
This is the only DIY I’ve had time to try out for myself, but goodness are they E.A.S.Y. and pretty!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pumpkins – real or styrofoam from local craft store
- Clear-drying Glue – I used Mod Podge but Elmer’s would work just as well. It just needs to dry clear.
- Loose glitter in fall colors – I picked gold b/c that what I could find.
- Paint brush or foam brush
- Paper plate or newspaper
The ones pictured are from DIY queen Martha Stewart, and she used real pumpkins. According to her, they will last for a few months. I opted for the foam ones you can buy at Michael’s Craft Store, because I want to be able to bring them out year after year. To try, I bought two medium-sized pumpkins. One orange and one white.
Okay are you ready for your super easy steps?
- Cover pumpkin in glue.
- Sprinkle loose glitter on pumpkin over plate/newspaper until it is covered to your liking.
- Let dry
Done, and done! You now have super chic and divalicious sparkly decorations!
Candy Corn Vases
I found these thanks to my Pinterest obsession. They are also ridiculously easy and so cute! I think some big sunflowers and wheat stalks would look great in these.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A few vases or glass bottles from the dollar store or around your house
- White spray paint*
- Orange spray paint*
- Yellow spray paint*
*I’d suggest using gloss coating to get the shiny effect pictured above.
- Wash bottles/vases and let dry completely
- Spray the whole bottle with a white base coat and let dry completely
- Mist the middle section with the orange paint, allowing for a faded effect on the top and bottom. Let dry and apply another coat. Let dry completely.
- Spray the bottom section with two coats of the yellow paint, and let dry.
Tip: If you like the vase with the dot pattern shown above, but can’t find one to buy, you can make your own using Elmer’s glue. Just draw whatever pattern you’d like and let it dry completely before painting
For the original posting and step-by-step photos, visit The Sweet Life blog. Author Alexa has some fantastic Halloween decoration ideas!
Cinnamon Stick Candles
These are so simple and elegant and require 4 things:
- White pillar candles
- Cinnamon sticks
- Rubber bands
Place the rubber band around a candle. Slide cinnamon sticks underneath the rubber band. When the candle is entirely covered, wrap the twine around the rubber band to camouflage. DONE!
These will look great for the winter months as well, so a few short minutes and you have a centerpiece for months!
Check out more pictures at Home Stories A2Z.
If you try any of these ideas, please send me pictures! I’d love to see them! What are your favorite fall decorations?
Have a safe and happy weekend loves!!