Have you ever considered having a Halloween wedding? I’m so inspired by the dark mystery of this holiday, and would love to turn someone’s wedding reception into a Spooktacular Soiree! I’m not talking cheesy decorations and masks of former presidents. I’m thinking mysterious, black and white, high-fashion, a little goth and all around sexy glamour!!
It takes a special couple to pull off such a specific theme, and it’s important to incorporate the chosen theme into all the details. However, it’s pivotal to remember that it is still a wedding, and the bride and groom should be the main focus.
Here are some of my favorite Halloween wedding ideas:
I’m completely obsessed with that black laced mermaid gown with the orange lace shoes. Gorgeous!!
Here are a few more ideas I couldn’t find pictures for:
- Hang long vertical twinkle lights entwined with “cob webs” from the ceiling
- Couples favorite signature drinks renamed something like “Witches Brew” or “Vampire Blood”
- Caramel apples, AKA “Poisoned Apples” used as place card holders (just attach the card to apple’s stick with clear tape or Zots)
- Creepy food names like Eyeball Salad – green salad with radishes stuffed with olives, Leg O’Man – Smoked Pork Roast, or Human Ribs – Smoked Beef Ribs. Be careful not to gross-out guests!
- Ask guests to wear masquerade masks or certain costumes or have black, white and orange dress code
- “Trick or Treat” bags with a candy bar
- Halloween song-list: Thriller, Monster Mash, Time Warp, and creepy organ music through dinner
- Horse drawn carriage for bride and groom with black horses
- Photobooth for guests with costume wigs, glasses, masks, etc. and/or set to look like an electric chair
- Hang antique looking photos that change to look like ghosts – found at most stores carrying Halloween decorations
- Antique furniture or mirrors hung around the room
- Orange and black lights to give the room a great glow
There are so many things that can be donw with this particular theme – I could go on and on! If you’re daring enough to throw a Spooktacular Soiree Wedding, just remember to have FUN and incorporate all the things you and your groom love about Halloween!
What are some of your ideas?