Happy Cyber Monday!
I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving Day and a great weekend! Did you snag any good Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals??
Today’s DIY post is inspired by my own sheer panic. I have ZERO Christmas decorations. ZERO. Not, “oh I haven’t put them up yet” I mean I don’t have a single thing! An attempt to raid my mom’s oldies but goodies this weekend came to an abrupt stop at the overwhelming sight of 30 years worth of Christmas piled into the back corner of her basement. Along with zero decorations, I also have zero patience for digging through boxes.
At any rate, I started thinking about what I’d like to put up in mine and sister’s little apartment, and took to the web to find something pretty I could make for pennies.
Enter: Snow Covered Bottle Vases!
Here’s what you need:
- Wine bottles or any glass bottle/vase
- Epsom salt
- White primer or spray paint
- Spray adhesive
Here’s what you do:
- Wash and dry bottles completely
- Spray with coat of primer until completely covered; let dry
- Pour Epsom salt onto newspaper-covered table
- Spray bottle with adhesive
- Roll in Epsom salt until covered to your liking
- Let dry completely
- Fill with branches or glittery foliage (like shown)
Sounds so easy, and since you can use the bottles you have, it won’t cost much at all! I really like the glittery ornaments sitting next to it. Hint: you can make those the same way I made the glittery pumpkins!
What is your favorite Christmas decoration?